Saturday, October 22, 2016

Meditative Respiratory Ataxia


I'm not very good at meditating. 
But I am quite good at not breathing.

#inktober2016
#MaybeYouShouldSeeADoctorAboutThat

As I have mentioned before, I took up meditation as part of working on treating an autoimmune problem. I've not been trying anything fancy, just breathing in and out. 

But this mindfulness stuff has reminded me how terrible I am at breathing.

I have to remind myself constantly all day long to stop holding my breath and clenching my jaw...while on I am the train, while I am exercising, while I am listening to my 9 year harangue me about how he absolutely needs to buy a Nerf gun with a bayonet attachment.

And just thinking about my breathing makes me tense, which I am pretty sure is not the intended effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment