Thursday, March 17, 2016

Pinkie•Paddy•Patty


A very quick drawing on the PuppyMonkeyBaby theme in honor of St. Patrick's Day. 

Pinkies are baby "feeder" mice generally sold frozen or live to feed to pet reptiles. 

For the "Paddy" part, I went with a generic Leprechaun costume, my apologies to Irish people everywhere. I thought about trying to draw St. Patrick himself, but that was not going to happen in 10 minutes.

Peppermint Patty's feet bothered me when I was a kid. In fact, I found the rest of her slightly troubling as well. I was an androgynous child, often mistaken for a boy myself, but strangely, I did not appreciate Patty's gender non-conformity. 

But to be honest, I disliked Peanuts in general, a fact which came up when the recent movie was released and my sons wanted to see it. My younger son and I saw the movie. I still did not like it much. Unlike my younger son, I was not impressed by the use of classic rock music. 

But I did enjoy drawing Patty's feet here. I'm thinking about drawing Charlie•Harley•Jacob Marley with an appropriate Snoopy creature....

No comments:

Post a Comment