Friday, August 15, 2014

Selfie with Uncooperative Kids


....Or, if my sons were to title it: More Documentation of Child Abuse in Brooklyn.

Archer and Ansel were most unhappy to be roped into participating in my profile picture update. And I did not even have the good grace to offer a new toy or more screen time as an enticement for cooperation.

But at my advanced age and chronically sleep deprived state, really the best thing I can do to improve a photo of myself is to put a cute child or two in it, preferably in front of me.

I couldn't quite manage to get them in front here. Orchestrating this picture was harder than usual, as I couldn't see what was going on, and the kids were too busy expressing their disapproval to tell me whether the phone was pointed in the right general direction or not.

Perhaps it was just as well that I couldn't see myself.  I certainly photograph better in marker than in person. Fortuitously, it's pretty much impossible to capture on a napkin the things that happen to one's neck after age 45.





No comments:

Post a Comment