Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to Grandma:

This was an attempt at a Mother's Day card for my own mom.
Unfortunately the drawing, as well as Mother's Day in general, was pretty much done in by a virus.
Our older child very suddenly produced a temperature of 103 yesterday, just as we were getting ready to see Grandma and Grandpa. He followed it up this morning with 104, so visiting with non essential personnel was definitely out. My parents are relatively quite young and healthy (so much younger and healthier than I am going to be by the time my kids reach adulthood. But they are perhaps a bit past the point when they are willing to casually expose themselves to something beyond garden variety childhood pestilence.

And with the continuing pestilence in the house, I did not have much time to work on the drawing...and any Mother's Day acknowledgements (if any were planned) were definitely cancelled.


My husband did make me a cup of tea this morning, so it wasn't like nothing special happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment