Monday, June 9, 2014

Milo The Dog From "The Mask"


The entertainment at an 11 year old's birthday party over the weekend was a screening of "The Mask."  My sons initially found the movie far too slow and impossible to watch.  After a lot of whining and wandering in and out of the room, we finally arrived at the money shot of the movie as far as they were concerned- the wacky masked dog.  Suddenly, the entire thing was redeemed.

I was horrified to realize that "The Mask" is now 20 years old.  I mentioned this disturbing fact to our 7 year old, Ansel, and he argued with me that Jim Carrey, the star of "Mr Popper's Penguins" could not possibly be old enough to have been in a movie 20 years ago.  I added that while I am old enough to have been an adult 20 years ago, Mr. Carrey is even older than I am.

Ansel was quite certain that this was not possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment