Monday, April 13, 2015

Captain Falcon Cat


Feline Falcon Punch:
Cat Cosplay #4

Our sons have been flailing around the house shouting "FALCOOON PUNCH!!" for a long time.  While I did know that this Falcon Punch was "A Thing" not just specific to my kids, until last night, I was ignorant of the source and the wide distribution of the concept.

For those of you even less informed than I, (I'm talking to you, mom) the Smash Bros Wiki explains,"The move consists of Captain Falcon throwing a powerful punch, with his fist engulfed in flames shaped like a falcon. It is one of the most powerful moves in all five Super Smash Bros games."

The question of who is this Captain Falcon guy seems to be recursive, at least as far as my sons are concerned. Captain Falcon is the guy who throws the Falcon Punch.  We don't need to know more than that. I read on the Wiki that he also has a reverse Falcon Punch, and even a Falcon Kick, but these seem merely to muddy the purity of the concept as far as I am concerned.

The falcon punch seems to play the same role as "Fus Ro Dah" in my sons' life...and the internet at large.

It is always fun to imagine possessing an overwhelming force....or failing that, at least to imagine a cat who possesses an overwhelming force.

No comments:

Post a Comment