Saturday, February 20, 2016

Onward Aoshima and PuppyMonkeyBaby


Awesome things combined with rather disturbing results.

"Onward Aoshima" was of course a favorite moment for my sons in the Gravity Falls canon.
Our younger son is still beginning several sentences a day with the words, "I can't believe Gravity Falls is really over...."

The boys did not watch the Super Bowl and thus missed the PuppyMonkeyBaby ad.  But somehow I could not restrain myself from showing them the commercial. It reminded me so much of the annoying qualities of Pokemon characters where all they can say is their own name, over and over and over again.

We are thinking of some other tripartite cute and supposedly "awesome" characters... RobotTigerChick comes to mind.  I like the dysfunctionally horrible possibilities.

PuppyMonkeyBaby is pretty creepy, but when you imagine BabyPuppyMonkey, you can see that it could be even worse. But my younger son was sorry that I had not drawn Aoshima in his more extreme four armed, rainbow spewing form, so perhaps awfulness is in the eye of the beholder

No comments:

Post a Comment