Saturday, November 3, 2018

Inktober 2018 Day 14


Insulting To Dogs:

The human head is distinctive in many ways, but particularly in its lack of a protruding muzzle, and its odd, protruding chin.  

Some evolutionary biologists theorize that since human teeth were no longer essential weapons, the mouth was allowed to sink back into the face and decrease in size. But the human chin is apparently a difficult-to-explain oddity. I read that even our close relatives the Neanderthals didn’t have chins like we do.

Evolutionary adaptations aside, I sometimes do wonder if at least one of my kids would fare better just hanging out with a dog than with his micromanaging, health-promoting mother. 

But clearly, mother/dog hybrids won’t help.

My son told me this drawing was an insult to myself...and, perhaps more notably, an insult to dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment