Thursday, October 30, 2014

Halloween Candy Monster


(Because sugar is kind of like Satan....or maybe Satan just likes sugar?)

I was concerned that this one was going to be far too weird for school, but Ansel seemed unfazed this morning. I should not have worried. Ansel is of course the kid who wrote a Valentines Day poem at school last year about how Satan lives inside his heart.

He and Archer loved last year's "Summerween" episode of "Gravity Falls" during which the leftover Halloween candy that no one likes consolidates itself into a child-eating monster.

I was aiming for classic Halloween candy here: candy corn, Reeses, and those
orange and black wrapped peanut butter taffy things (Google tells me that they are actually called "Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses). Constructing the whole character out of those items exceeded my powers of innovation last night, however. I had to settle for red licorice skin, gum drops for color...and maybe that's a sugar skull helmet?  I really just wanted to draw candy corn teeth. The rest of it was not particularly well conceived.

He ended up resembling Mola Ram, the heart snatching baddie from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom." Mola was fresh on my mind because the kids repurposed his LEGO headgear as a "dragonborn helmet" to make another minifigure look like a Skyrim character. This substitution was explained to me yesterday with great drama and detail.

This guy is not as good looking as Mr. Ram or the Dovahkiin (the horned helmet wearing guys in Skyrim).

But at least he is not an Ewok.

No comments:

Post a Comment