Friday, August 8, 2014

Deadpool Slices a Strawberry


Wade Wilson delivers some fruit justice, but is seriously upstaged by a giant strawberry.

Of course my sons like Deadpool.  He's a sarcastic, inappropriate anti-hero, who-thanks to his "healing factor''-survives being constantly shot, disemboweled, and decapitated. And he has a lot of weapons.

Needless to say, Mr Wilson and lunch at a Quaker school don't mix well, so his napkin appearances have been limited.  I am guessing that most of the lower school teachers haven't read "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe" (and for the record, neither have my sons) so perhaps they would not appreciate just how unQuaker he is.

And it is August, so this napkin is just for the "bank"-( the stack of napkins that sits on the microwave as possible replacements on those school mornings when whatever I've drawn the night proves to be too uncool for school) so it's not going anywhere right away.

I gave Deadpool's sword the strawberry pacification treatment...probably because I knew I was going to enjoy drawing the fruit more than Deadpool himself.  Can you tell?  You can see the disturbing number of napkins featuring strawberries stuck on various weapons at this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment