Thursday, January 28, 2016

Deadpool and Rocket Raccoon



They are touching each other.

My sons are about as enthusiastic about the upcoming Deadpool movie as they can be about something that they are not going to be able to see anytime in the near future. There has already been a good bit of bargaining..."Could we see the movie if..." Well, maybe they could see it if it turned out not to be R rated. But I have to say that the online trailer (which my sons have already viewed with delight) is enough to convince me that they definitely don't need to see the whole thing right now.

I will admit that when I caught a few minutes of Ann Hathaway sobbing her way through a scene of "The Intern" last night, (my husband was watching it, an inexplicable situation that I can only ascribe to the fact that he has not been allowed to eat any solid food for the past 2 days) I was thinking that perhaps I myself might prefer to be watching the Deadpool movie.

But I still don't need to see my sons sniffing the muzzles of their Nerf guns and declaring, "I'm definitely touching myself tonight!" I have already suffered enough abuse.

(If you don't know what I am referring to...well, you could watch the "mature audiences only" Deadpool trailer...or you could choose to remain happily ignorant.)

As for Rocket- he is one of my sons' favorites and seemed like an appropriate companion for Mr. Wilson. There is an actual Deadpool/Rocket crossover comic out there. While I ordered it, I have not seen it yet, so I don't know what the official Marvel line is on their present, or future, relationship. Despite their shared appreciation for destruction and irreverence, it seems likely that they might be slightly awkward in close proximity.

No comments:

Post a Comment