Sunday, January 20, 2019

Looking Belatedly Back at 2018


(Apparently it was a year of bright colors and clumsy drawing for me.)

Assembled here are four of the favorite characters of the past 12 months. 

In brief summary, from left to right: Cat Noir from “Miraculous,” the Plague Doctor skin from Fortnite, Jotaro Kujo and his strange side kick, or avatar, or something, Star Platinum, from “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure.”

One of us has been on a many seasons long “JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure” binge.  I finally watched the first two episodes of the anime series after repeated requests...and well, I hear season three and four are wonderful, but I am not certain that I can motivate myself to watch the third episode of the first season, so I am not sure how I will make it there. Thus, I can’t really explain Jotaro’s relationship to the big purple guy. 

There’s definitely an aesthetic there for which I have not developed an appropriate appreciation as of yet.

And one of us might have watched some of “Miraculous” in 2018. Not naming names of course. 

And there was definitely a lot of Fortnite. I threatened to play, even created an account...but so far have been too busy doing stuff like knitting things no one will wear, and making bad drawings, to actually get started. 

My experiences in Minecraft....where I would just pathetically fall into a hole and then not be able to climb out- (and that was in a situation where no one was trying to kill me!)....indicate Fortnite would present a steep learning curve for me. 

But, even if I can’t play a game or learn to love anime,  I promise I will at least work on my drawing in 2019.


No comments:

Post a Comment