Monday, March 6, 2017

Taotie from "The Great Wall" has an eye on the Dynamic Duo from "The LEGO Batman Movie"


Yes, we had to see both The LEGO Batman Movie and The Great Wall.

‪My son and  I disagree on who would have the upper hand‬....and which movie was better....although he loved both. 

He proclaimed the story of the mutant lizard swarm attacking Matt Damon and ancient China as the better of the two movies. No accounting for taste, even in one's own offspring. Probably the less I say about The Great Wall, the better. But it was not altogether unpleasant. And the lizard attackers, while bizarre and unconvincing, were ok because they were not really scary for 10 year old viewers...or at least not for my ten year old viewer. It is possible that my son might be more jaded than the average 10 year old American boy when it comes to movie monsters, but I don't think that is entirely the case.

It was mildly interesting that the Taotie lizards are very vaguely related to a real concept in Chinese historical iconography. Matt Damon not so much.

I can however, unreservedly recommend the LEGO Batman movie  for those who are invested in LEGO and/or Batman because of personal interest, or because they are closely related to people who are.

No comments:

Post a Comment